It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to overrule save work item preconditions for a specific role

Rachel Alderman (331518) | asked Feb 12 '14, 7:02 a.m.
In the Team Configuration > Operation Behaviour > Source Control > Deliver (Client) I can specify that a "user may overrule" a precondition. I want to define similar behaviour to allow team leads to over rule required fields in the Team Configuration > Operation Behaviour > Work Items > Save Work Items (server) conditions, but the check box option isn't available.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 13 '14, 12:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You currently cannot allow overriding server-side pre-conditions.   The ability to do so has been requested in work item [JAF] [Process] Enable overrule of server side preconditions (94746) .   Feel free to add a comment to that work item indicating your interest/support.
Rachel Alderman selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k54345) | answered Feb 12 '14, 9:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Deliver(Client) is the pre condition that is on the client, hence it can be over ruled.
If you want the pre condition not to be applied for the team leads then you can configure it to other roles except the team lead role.

Comments
Rachel Alderman commented Feb 13 '14, 4:02 a.m.

Would this mean I would have to configure each of the other roles (not just default) to explicitly have the preconditions and for the team lead role to have no preconditions defined? That would be a lot of duplication.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 14 '14, 7:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would configure the precondition for the "everyone" role without "user may overrule" checked, and would configure the precondition for the team lead with "user may overrule" checked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.