It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

prompt page of RRDI reports imported in RTC - best practices

Angelo Corna (26358383) | asked Jan 11 '14, 5:29 a.m.
edited Jan 12 '14, 11:50 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)
I've created a report on RRDI and I've imported it on RTC.
I can see the prompt page but the page layout is not correct and there are some problems when I select the parameters values (for example when I try to select all values from a listbox).
Are there some guidance or best practices in order to manage the prompt page of RRDI reports imported in RTC?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

2 answers

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Jan 13 '14, 9:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is this one of the sample reports that ships with RTC, or is it an RRDI report that you have written yourself?  What kind of problems are you seeing with the layout?  One common cause of layout/functional issues when prompt pages are imported into RTC is that the Javascript associated with the prompt page can't be loaded.  This can be caused by your browser blocking mixed content (if your RRDI server is not configured to use SSL but your RTC server is).  If this is the case, you will need to make sure to allow mixed content when viewing the prompt page in RTC (instructions for allowing this vary depending on your browser).

Regarding selecting all the values from the list box - what is the problem that you see?  If you are using a version of RTC earlier than 4.0.3, you may have run into Clicking "Select/Deselect All" when choosing parameters for RRDI reports, causes an "IBM Cognos Content Manager" splash screen to be displayed (236688).

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Jan 14 '14, 4:43 p.m.
I've always used the Prompt page from the OOTB report as my source of "Best Practices" for that page.  I would suggest either comparing your Prompt page to an OOTB one, or recreate your report with one of the OOTB reports as a starting point and remove what you don't need.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.