It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Embedding a collection within a module?

lionel mommeja (60168) | asked Oct 29 '13, 9:41 a.m.
Apparently RRM does not allow to embed a collection within a module. I don't see explicit mentions to this in the documentation. Is that correct?

However, I think it is a usual requirement to be able to make a reference to a collection of artifacts in a structured document. For example, in a use case specification I might want to list all the actors of this use case. I wish I could create a collection of actors and then embed this collection in the chapter "actors" of my use case specification.
But maybe this is not a desirable behavior to embed collections within a module?

Thanks for your help
Lionel

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 29 '13, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could add the individual actors to the module, which, assuming that they are in a common folder or filter, wouldn't be too hard to do.  Or you could insert the collection into a single artifact that is in the module. 
lionel mommeja selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
lionel mommeja (60168) | answered Oct 30 '13, 6:07 a.m.
Yes adding individual actors wouldn't be too hard to do. However, these actors might be part of an evolving collection of actors. If I add the actors manually at a point of time, these list of actors might have evolved afterwards, and my module will not reflect this evolution.

< Or you could insert the collection into a single artifact that is in the module. 
Provided that RRM prevents me to add directly a collection to a module, I am assuming that you suggest to create an artifact (with text format I guess) into which I embed a collection, and that I add this single artifact into my module.
Is that correct?
I tested it and that works :) However, when I print the module, I get a simple list of all the artifacts that are part of my collection.
However, I wonder now if it is possible to embed in way or another a view of this collection with columns?

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 30 '13, 9:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, sorry, that is not possible.  Feel free to open an enhancement request if you don't find an existing one. 

permanent link
lionel mommeja (60168) | answered Oct 30 '13, 9:54 a.m.
I have a last complementary question, do you confirm it is not possible to embed a module within a module?
If this is true, then I'll add that as well to an enhancement request ( if there isn't an existing one )

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 30 '13, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
correct, you cannot embed a module within a module. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.