It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I get save conflict while saving plan - "Time remaining is not valid"?

Andy Jewell (24236374) | asked Oct 18 '13, 7:08 p.m.
Can anyone advise why I'm getting this error "Save conflict - Time remaining is not valid" while trying to save a work plan on the web client? 

Thanks!

- Andy

2 answers

permanent link
DH Lee (25784446) | answered Oct 20 '13, 5:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andy, Could you please advise how you have modified work plan before saving? Know what you have changed might provide some hint for the error.

Regards,
DH

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 22 '13, 12:47 p.m.

I didn't make any structure changes (e.g., ranking or parent-child relationships), I was primarily changing remaining time and corrected estimates.  For example, I was probably increasing the corrected estimates and increasing remaining time.

I haven't gone back in a couple days and now I'm making the same saves and not having any issues so maybe it was a fluke.

- Andy

permanent link
Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | answered Oct 21 '13, 6:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might take a look at this work item and see if your answer is in comment 11 :

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=168972

What version of CLM are you using?

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 22 '13, 12:52 p.m.

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't look like my scenario other than, perhaps, the generic case of my "corrected estimates" somehow not placing nicely with my "remaining time".  I'm pretty sure the corrected estimate and remaining times were consistent, i.e., had the appropriate integrity but that WI link makes me wonder if maybe I had corrected the time to say, "4h", with "6h" remaining.. .?  I don't think I did that, but will try that scenario later today and see what happens.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.