It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieving mail id of a contributor using Java API from work item

Sachin Nairy (5111320) | asked Aug 29 '13, 3:43 a.m.
edited Aug 29 '13, 6:58 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

Hi,

I want to retrieve mail id of a contributor using Java API from work item,

i created one custom attribute type contributor, once work item created i want to retrieve mail id of that particular user.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Sachin Nairy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14119103) | answered Aug 29 '13, 6:14 a.m.
 Hi,
you can obtain this information from an IContributor object using getEmailAddress() method.

From a work item you only have to retrieve the contributor (I suppose from the author or the owner) as a IContributorHandle and then retrive the object using the IItemManager.

Best regards,
Michele. 
Sachin Nairy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sachin Nairy commented Aug 29 '13, 7:58 a.m.

Thanks Michele,

I am creating  server side plug-in, used below code to retrieve. But IItemManager & getEmailAddress is not resolving, Any specific package i have to import?

IContributorHandle createor = workItem.getCreator();

IItemManager mid = createor.getEmailAddress();

Michele Pegoraro commented Aug 29 '13, 9:09 a.m.

On server side you have to use IRepositoryItemService instead of IItemManager (which is used by plain api, not sdk).

IRepositoryItemService itemService = getService(IRepositoryItemService.class);
IContributorHandle creatorH = workItem.getCreator();
IContributor creator = (IContributor)itemService.fetchItem(creatorH,IRepositoryItemService.COMPLETE);
creator.getEmailAddress(); 

You have also to set IRepositoryItemService as prerequired service. Is not so simple if you have not develop other stuff on RTC server side. I suggest you to take a look to the SDK wiki page (the examples on follow-up and advisor creation).

Sachin Nairy commented Aug 30 '13, 4:30 a.m.

Thanks a lot Michele, its working fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.