It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Shell - Overlapped load requests

Mike Villis (122) | asked Aug 01 '13, 4:30 a.m.
I am a newbie to RTC and have version 4.0.3 installed. I am using RTC Shell and have loaded a component into RTC Shell that has nested folders inside it. I now get a message informing me that there are overlapped load requests. Can someone let me know how this happeded and how do I resolve the problem.

2 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Aug 01 '13, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '13, 4:47 a.m.
Are you using Team Concert Shell in basic or in advanced mode?
Do you have more than one component?
Do you have a load rule used?
You may look at this thread; maybe it explains a bit regarding the loaded structure in your sandbox or work area.

Comments
Mike Villis commented Aug 01 '13, 5:20 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '13, 2:49 p.m.

Hi there,

I am using RTC Shell is basic mode, I did not realise there is an advanced mode.
There are no load rules applied.
It is only one component that is affected. It has four sub folders which are inside the component but when loading this component in RTC Shell there appear in two places, inside the component and then outside the component at the same level as the component root.
I will look at your link. Thank you for taking time out for this issue.

Mike

Mike Villis commented Aug 01 '13, 5:21 a.m.

Hi there,

I am using RTC Shell is basic mode, I did not realise there is an advanced mode.
There are no load rules applied.
It is only one component that is affected. It has four sub folders which are inside the component but when loading this component in RTC Shell there appear in two places, inside the component and then outside the component at the same level as the component root.
I will look at your link. Thank you for taking time out for this issue.

Mike

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Aug 01 '13, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '13, 8:29 a.m.
Ok, than you might open the Shell by clicking "Get started with Team Concert > Manage" in the tray icon context menu. Than switch to Advanced mode
Goto Manage Artifacts
Right click on My Repostory Workspaces and select "Create Source Control Configuriation File"

Use this file in basic mode when Creating a work area.

Might you post a picture of your directory structure?
I've tried that which work well and did not show an error like your experience.
Pross - Shell Sandbox
|-- Garten     < Which is the component name
     |-- Bäume
         |-- Tanne
         |-- Fichte
Which looks in the work area without a load rule like
hajo - Shell work area
|-- Bäume
    |-- Tanne
    |-- Fichte

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.