It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

editor info is blank in RRC requirement Audit History

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Jun 27 '13, 4:08 a.m.
In RRC4.x, there is users reported that some requirement's audit history shows editor as blank.
See the below screenshot(see the highlighted field, in this case, only one editor is seen in the audit history)

Does anyone see this before? What could cause this kind of result? Any inputs are appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 27 '13, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Don,

Take a look at the discussion on these work items: Bad Audit History in Modules (58886) & Web UI: Display Module Audit History Fails to Load Properly (66402). I think the problem had to do with the RRC web client not GETting user information correctly when the audit history trail was edited by multiple users, and it looks like this has been addressed for RRC 4.0.3.

Mike Jaworski
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 27 '13, 8:13 p.m.

Thanks Michael.

1)The user uses 4.0 and the WIs suggested the issue was in 4.0.1. Will the similar issue occurs in 4.0 due to the same cause explained in the WIs?
2) "Verified as fixed in CALM-I20121211-0256": what is the version of CALM-I20121211-0256? is it 4.0.3? Please advise.

Mike Jaworski commented Jun 28 '13, 8:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don,

1) You are correct, this work item was filed against 4.0.1. I looked through the revision history for the code which was changed through defect 58886 and it looks like there was only one other change which could have possibly caused this regression in 4.0.1 (Accessibility: Unable to navigate to the "Show changes" link in the history item in the history view using keyboard (66167)), which leads me to believe that there's still a good chance that this same problem existed in 4.0. 
2) Also correct, the build version you mentioned was for 4.0.3 M1, and the changes were also ported to 4.0.2 via [PORT 4.0.1.1] Bad Audit History in Modules (69193). An upgrade to either 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 should resolve your issues.

Hope this helps!

Don Yang commented Jun 28 '13, 9:03 p.m.

Thanks a lot Michael for the further info.

Don Yang commented Jul 04 '13, 4:17 a.m.

Hi, Michael

One quick question on the defect. The user cannot upgrade to 402 or 403 for now due to the production environment. They want to know if there is any mechanism to prevent the problem from occurring even though there are multiple users editing the same artifacts. Do we have such info to avoid the potential problem reported in the defect? Many thanks

Mike Jaworski commented Jul 04 '13, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Don, unfortunately I don't think there is any workaround to avoid this issue without the fix provided in 4.0.2 / 4.0.3. The problem is a logic flaw in the web client code, and as far as I can see there is no way around this without upgrading. Sorry ...

Don Yang commented Jul 04 '13, 11:55 p.m.

Thanks Michael for the info.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.