It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to recieve feed notifications

Sylvain LEQUEUX (2132728) | asked May 02 '13, 6:10 a.m.
Hello,

I found this in https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_creating_work_items.html&scope=null :
"Members of the team area can configure their preferences so that they receive feed notifications for new work items that are submitted against the category associated with their team area. The owner, creator, and subscribers of the work item also receive an email notification of the new work item. The work item is ready to be triaged."
I didn't understood how contributors can do that. Could someone explain that to me ?

My best regards,
Sylvain

Accepted answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered May 02 '13, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure if I understand the perspective of the question, but if you are asking how can contributors create feed notifications, the answer is pretty straight forward.

If you are using eclipse client and are connected to a(any) reporitories. When you expand the Project Area, the section for "Feeds". If you right click on Feeds, you will get 3 options :
  1. New Team Events Subscription
    So if the contributor belongs to a team(s) - and he creates a feed for a specific activity, just double clicking this feed would get all the details ; based on feed updates. The other 2 options being.
  2. New Query Feed Subscription
  3. New Subscription

I am not sure if this answers your question.
Sylvain LEQUEUX selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
KrishnaKanth Naik commented May 02 '13, 6:46 a.m. | edited May 02 '13, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What I meant to say is these notifications are stored within RTC and not sent over as Emails to the user.

See the notifications section of the following article:
https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2013/05/01/oh-the-places-youll-work-when-you-use-rtc/

Sylvain LEQUEUX commented May 02 '13, 7:51 a.m.

Hi,

Thank you for this clarification. I thought it would be an email notification. It would have been more interesting for us.

Regards,
Sylvain

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.