It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WAS Startup failure

Russell Norlund (17221724) | asked Apr 08 '13, 11:10 a.m.
 I am trying to install CLM 4.0.2 in the following environment:
  • Suse Linux Enterprise 11 SP1
  • DB2 9.7.5
  • WebSphere 8.5
After I have added the JVM settings to WebSphere and restarted the server I get the following error message:

'Server launched but failed initialization. Server logs,
           startServer.log, and other log files under
           /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1 should
           contain failure information.'

The log file contains the following message:

'[08/04/13 15:23:14:202 BST] 00000001 RepositoryImp 3   exception
                                 java.lang.Exception: Cannot find BundleContext for service com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.RepositoryImpl
at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.service.WsServiceRegistry.addService(WsServiceRegistry.java:141)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:74)
at com.ibm.ws.runtime.config.ConfigServiceFactoryImpl.createConfigService(ConfigServiceFactoryImpl.java:43)
at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.config.ConfigServiceFactory.createConfigService(ConfigServiceFactory.java:66)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.initializeRepositoryAndLauncher(WsServerLauncher.java:408)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.runTool(WsServerLauncher.java:279)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AdminTool.executeUtility(AdminTool.java:269)
at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerLauncher.main(WsServerLauncher.java:134)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:274)'

The JVM settings are:

'<jvmEntries xmi:id="JavaVirtualMachine_1183122130078" verboseModeClass="false" verboseModeGarbageCollection="false" verboseModeJNI="false" initialHeapSize="1024" maximumHeapSize="1024" runHProf="false" hprofArguments="" debugMode="false" debugArgs="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=7777" genericJvmArguments="-Xmx4g -Xms4g -Xmn512m -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xcompressedrefs -Xgc:preferredHeapBase=0x100000000" executableJarFileName="" disableJIT="false">
      <systemProperties xmi:id="Property_1" name="com.ibm.security.jgss.debug" value="off" required="false"/>
      <systemProperties xmi:id="Property_2" name="com.ibm.security.krb5.Krb5Debug" value="off" required="false"/>
      <systemProperties xmi:id="Property_1365430167851" name="JAZZ_HOME" value="file:///opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf" required="false"/>
      <systemProperties xmi:id="Property_1365430255184" name="java.awt.headless" value="true" required="false"/>
      <systemProperties xmi:id="Property_1365430410090" name="log4j.configuration" value="file:///opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/startup_log4j.properties" required="false"/>
    </jvmEntries>'

If anybody can help I would be most grateful.

Regards

Russell

Accepted answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Apr 08 '13, 2:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Russel

Although not a solution, I wanted to bring to your notice that we donot support WAS 8.5 yet.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1109#mozTocId511998

This question might be more suitable to be worked upon in the WAS forums..

Russell Norlund selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Russell Norlund commented Apr 12 '13, 2:13 a.m.

Hi KrishnaKanth, thanks for your answer. Moving to version 8.0 resolved the problem described above. 

Kind Regards

Russell

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.