It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

While Creation of participant for automatic creation of workitem gives an exception CRJAZ6011E

Dnyanesh Markad (291825) | asked Feb 15 '13, 2:53 p.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 5:06 p.m. by Susan Lafera (11)
Hello,

I have created the operation participant for automatic creation of workitems. On particular state change of the workitem, new workitems sholud get created automatically this is the idea. I have created the operation participant. But as I move from one state to next state for participant to run it gives me an exception "Unable to instantiate participant WICreation_V14.operationParticipant1.
CRJAZ6011E The operation participant cannot be created because an exception occurred. For more information, see the exception.

" Please help me out in this.

Note : Added all the prerequisites in the plugin.xml also imported all the required interfaces

Thanks,
Dnyanesh

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 15 '13, 7:18 p.m.
you should be able to see the exception report in the server log

isntalldirectory/server/logs/ccm.log
Dnyanesh Markad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dnyanesh Markad commented Feb 16 '13, 12:46 a.m.

The log shows the following exception :

2013-02-16 11:06:47,981 [         http-bio-9443-exec-29] ERROR com.ibm.team.process.common                         -
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at wicreation_v15.AutomaticWorkitemCreation.createWorkItem(AutomaticWorkitemCreation.java:120)
    at wicreation_v15.AutomaticWorkitemCreation.run(AutomaticWorkitemCreation.java:89)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
    at org.eclips

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 16 '13, 5:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please follow the RTC extensions workshop to debug your code. It should be easy enough to find the source of that exception and then the parameter that is null.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '13, 2:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I just created a participant that creates a work item and it works well. I am not sure what parameter is null in your line 120, but it is certainly possible to do that in the server, so I would suggest to look at line 120 and debug which parameter s null.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.