It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create SQL queries in Rational Insight

Renato Mori (10012330) | asked Jan 28 '13, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I have recently integrate a Rational Insight with ClearQuest (using live data).
But, I have already some Clearquest SQL queries created.. so...
  • Which is the best way to move them to insight?
  • If there any way I can "copy" those SQL and "paste" them on insight?
This will reduce me a lot time creating the reports.

Thanks in advance.
Renato

2 answers

permanent link
Junli Wang (5512) | answered Jan 28 '13, 4:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
another option is leaving your CQ SQL in the personal queries, define the xdc file against your personal queries and build FM modal against this xdc. the pro is this is easier than doing DM ETL ,the con is every time you sql is changed, you will need to go through the steps again to update xdc and fm model.
the pro of the above solution is you can leverage DB's SQL capability, you will need to learn how to use data manager.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jan 28 '13, 12:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Renato,

The recommended approach for CQ customization using Insight is to modify the ClearQuest XDC file to conform to your CQ schema and customize the ETL and FM model

The only way you could continue to use custom SQL queries against the ClearQuest database is to define a data source in Data Manager that connects directly to the CQ database and add incorporate the datasource/queries in Data Manager to deliver that data to the Insight Data Warehouse.  Or you could create the data source on the report server and incorporate the queries in to your FM model if you are not using ETL/Data Warehouse.  I'd recommend the first approach of using CQ Data Services -> ETL if at all possible.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.